Monday, November 21, 2011

Global Crossroad Program?

Any info on trips arranged by Global  Crossroad? Any good or bad experiences?


China-volunteer
My overall experience here has been great, the school is a nice environment to work in greatly due to the classroom assistants. The rest of the stuff are excellent and will …..to any problem you may have during your stay here.
Although the food may not be the best at times it is still edible, but that’s just personal preference.
Craig Annison,
Volunteer China





I want to start on saying how welcome I was by Jeff and his assistants. When I arrived I was taken to my apartment which was about 100 times better than what I had pictured it. I have access to many western commodities with close access to banks, stores and restaurants. If there is ever a proble with our apartment or just anything in general, we always have someone to count on top to help us out. My roommates are great and we get along very well. Overall the experience has been one I will remember for the rest of my life.
Brenton Wildman
Volunteer China

My 17 year old daughter volunteered with Global Crossroad in Ghana, which turned out to be the trip of her dreams. As a concerned mother, I did a lot of research and wanted to find a program in which Taylor would be safe throughout her stay. Once I chose Rustic, I was in constant contact with them for a month up to her departure. All of my questions and concerns were addressed in a timely fashion. I was even given the emails of other people who had used Rustic, which was a great way to find more out about the program. Franklin, the country coordinator of Ghana, was always available to talk with me during my daughter’s stay. I was informed as soon as my daughter touched down in Ghana. She was given a cell phone by Franklin, which made it even easier to make sure she was okay. Sadly, despite everyone’s efforts, she fell ill. We think it was because of her anti-malaria medicine. She was sick for the first 36 hours. Everyone at was extremely caring. Franklin and the staff took her to the local hospital, where she recuperated. Unfortunately she wasn’t able to get healthy enough to finish her trip and we had to cut it short. Global Crossroad was amazing throughout the entire process, so great that we plan on sending Taylor with them again next year, hopefully without getting sick.
Harris
Volunteer Ghana
                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment