Sunday, November 27, 2011

Volunteering with Global Crossroad in Puerto Rico



I volunteered at Santa Cecilia community in San Isidro de Heredia. I had the opportunity to participate in various forms of volunteer projects. During the week I worked at the Concepcion school helping the 3rd and 4th grade teacher. During the evenings I taught English to the kids of Santa Cecilia community. And during the weekends I either went to visit around, or just stayed home to help other ongoing community projects that were taking place such as the one to connect pipes to bring water to the community from the mountain river. My host family was all you can expect in a family. They even took me to the airport on my departure day. I drew many wonderful friends, and it is a must that I return next year. I encourage anyone considering volunteering in Costa Rica with Global Crossroad not to hesitate about it, you just wont be disappointed. Thanks to the people at Global Crossroad Partners, and Concepcion school for this wonderful experience.

San Juan
Volunteer Puerto Rico



                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment