Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A great experience and highly recommended Program



My time in Peru was awesome because of how well the Global Crossroad team ran our program. All of my questions were answered both before and during the trip. The Spanish language course was great because it gave me a jump start to being able to communicate with the people I’d be serving with. Accommodations were pretty good, and I loved staying with my host family. All of my meals were prepared for me, and I’m a vegetarian, so that wasn’t easy for my host family. I volunteered at a shelter, which wasn’t exactly what I expected, but it all turned out to be great. One negative was that my flight into Cusco was delayed, so no one was at the airport to pick me up. I ended up having to pay for a cab, and the driver way over charged me. It would be nice if Global Crossroad would have let me know that I’d have to pay my own transportation if the airport didn’t work out, but overall it was a great experience and I recommend them to anyone looking to volunteer in Peru.

Thomas
Volunteer, Peru

No comments:

Post a Comment